Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Weekend: Carowinds and Lilly

Good Morning!

Yesterday I spent so much time on my review of Dead Wake by Erik Larson that I never had the chance to do a weekend update.

Friday night we stopped by our new favorite (and close) Mexican restaurant, El Jalapeno for some fajitas and one (very strong) margarita.

On Saturday morning, we had to wake up at 5:15 to head up to my daughter's school to catch buses to her chorus competition at Carowinds.
Luckily they were singing at 10:15 so we were able to spend the rest of the day on rides.
We got to ride the new Fury 325 that just opened last month.
 It drops 325 at an 81 degree angle and reaches speeds of 95 mph. It was pretty cool but my favorite was the Nighthawk. You sit down and then they lower you onto your back so for parts of the ride you are face down over water, etc. Check this video (not mine-found on youtube) out (skip to 2:37 to see the ride actually start):
 The park was super crowded because of the chorus and band competitions but we managed to ride 6 roller coasters before heading home around 7 pm.
My husband and me:)

The bus ride back was uneventful until we pulled into the school parking lot. Before the bus had even opened its doors, I felt a stabbing pain in my leg where my bag had been sitting (for the entire duration of the bus trip which makes this even weirder) and there was a wasp or hornet on my leg! My husband quickly brushed it off my leg and I started scratching back and forth at the red mark on my leg (because I had just learned that you're supposed to scratch at my son's field trip earlier in the week to Bee City!! ).

I have never been stung in my life so part of me was waiting to go into shock or something. My leg kept throbbing so we walked to the car and I was able to see the stinger still in my leg so I scratched some more and finally got it out. When I got home, I iced it and took advil. It is now three days later and it itches more than anything around the sting site. It also has a small rash around it today, which is apparently normal from everything I have read (hopefully...right?!).

Sunday we were back up at 6:30 to get ready to head to Starbucks and then Target for the Lilly sale. I took my daughter and her friend and we arrived around 7:05 am. There were about 20 people ahead of us and not long after about triple that behind us.
 Target was nice and brought people coffee.
The doors opened right at 8 and people quickly filed in. I was only after a scarf or two so I immediately headed to those and was lucky to grab the two I wanted. At that point, there were only two other people there including a guy who was taking a bunch of them. That really annoyed me because I'm sure they ended up on ebay.

Then I headed over to the women's section which wasn't crazy yet so I grabbed a pair of pineapple sandals in an 8 hoping those were what Meg wore because I knew she was wanting a pair and was waaaay back in line at her Target. Five seconds later the section looked like this:

I then found my daughter and her friend. They had gone to the girls section and my daughter managed to get a pair of pants, shorts and a dress in her size.

Meg texted me back and size 8 was her size (yay!!) so I ended up buying those and these two scarves:
I guess I would say my experience wasn't as bad as other people's but I expected it to be crazy so made sure I got there early. I overheard some people say they had items grabbed out of their hands but I didn't witness any awful behavior. 
If you weren't able to get anything, google "Lilly for Target giveaway" because I have seen several popping up!!

How was your weekend? Did you get anything Lilly? Are you so over hearing about Lilly or wondering what the fuss is all about? :)

Have a great week, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.